“Bird” Chair - Replica Harry Bertoia Bird chair by Harry Bertoia - chrome frame with seat cushions
- quality polished chrome frame
- seat made out of PU
- this chair includes seat cushion only
- width 55cm x depth 62cm x height 81cm
- frame seat height-lowest part 42cm (doesn't include the cushion)
- frame seat height-highest part 48cm
- chrome frame
- choice of colours
- This beautiful Replica Bird Chair is a famous design by Harry Bertoia and is also known as a "Replica Bertoia".
- The seat pad provides added comfort.
- We stock the Replica Bertoia with a black, brown, red and white seat cushion but this can be changed if you choose to.
- Designed by Harry Bertoia in 1950 and faithfully reproduced here.
- Innovative, comfortable, and strikingly handsome!
- Unlike some of the other similar chairs our chair frame has a double wire edge.
Background about Harry Bertoia (1915 - 1978). Sculptor and designer, born in San Lorenzo, NW Italy. He emigrated to the USA in 1930, where he studied and taught painting and metal crafts at the Cranbrook Academy of Art, Bloomfield Hills, MI. He worked for the Evans Products Co, Venice, CA (1943-6), then established his own workshop in Bally, PA. Although he regarded himself primarily as a sculptor, he was known for his early Cubist-influenced silver coffee and tea services and for his furniture, most especially the Bertoia chair (1952), with its slender metal legs and frame, and mesh-like seat.