“Bird” Chair - Replica Harry Bertoia Bird chair by Harry Bertoia - powder-coated frame (excellent for outdoor or indoor use) with white cushions
- high grade quality powdercoated chrome frame to make sure is suitable for outdoor use. Others might have powder-coated frame but might NOT be good for outdoor use
- seat & back cushion made out of PU
- excellent for outdoor or indoor use
- frame is made out of double wire (like original) NOT like others have cheaper versions of single wire
- this chairs includes seat only
- width 55cm x depth 62cm x height 81cm
- frame seat height-lowest part 42cm (doesn't include the cushion)
- frame seat height-highest part 48cm
- frame: white
- cushion: white
- This beautiful Replica Bird Chair is a famous design by Harry Bertoia and is also known as a "Replica Bertoia".
- The seat pad provides added comfort.
- We stock the Replica Bertoia with a white seat cushion but this can be changed if you choose to.
- Designed by Harry Bertoia in 1950 and faithfully reproduced here.
- Innovative, comfortable, and strikingly handsome!
- Unlike some of the other similar chairs our chair frame has a double wire edge which makes the chair nicer, stronger and like original.
- Polished Powder Coated Chrome.
The year of 1952 saw a plethora of artists and designers breaking preconceived notions of style, literature, art and fashion. Amongst the cream of the crop was Ernest Hemingway with the Old Man and the Sea and Harry Bertoia with his iconic side chair. Recognised as one of the highest achievements of mid-century modern design, the original side chair found fame in an industrial design that broke the mould of what a chair should be, or more truthfully, what a chair should look like. Crafted from grid laid steel with soft, rounded edges, our replica is true to the original in style and quality while the high back and padded seat provide comfort for extended periods of sitting. Creating a feeling of lightness yet strength, this piece is a must have for serious design lovers.
This is a Milano Republic replica of the original design.